The Universal Truth is that every owner will exit their business…
The Question is on whose terms: Circumstance, Others,… or Yours?
Transition Planning: Specifically selected expertise integrated together by experience
"Transition planning means executing business strategy... Because you and your business are always in transition."
Our purpose drives our proprietary Transition Plan Roadmap, or business exit planning, process. We work in an intentional manner developed over 25 years of experience as business owners and now, as multi-credentialed professionals. We combine formal business exit planning, practical business advising, and customized financial strategies so you and your family can live a meaningful life as you define it.
1. Classic "business succession planning" brings a systematic and disciplined methodology.
2. Powerful, science-based tools to understand, align, and motivate people to maximize human performance and achieve your ownership goals.
3. Practical business advising brings "practical experience that works" to run the business correctly, maximize value and grow profits.
4. Financial strategies by licensed professionals are is where the rubber meets the road. Properly designed financial instruments, combined with a financial roadmap forward, implement business "strategies", resulting in implementation and financial results for the owner
Transition Plan Roadmap -- The Goal
With business exit planning, maximize the net dollars to you, after tax and expenses, based on your terms and wishes.
1. It's not about selling your business for the most money; it's about you getting the optimal amount after tax.
2. "Exiting" is not black and white: You can remain involved in the business and still have a liquidity event to develop the cash you need for your family. Yes, you can have both.
3. Keep control of your business until you receive all funds and all conditions you sought in the transaction.
Legacy HP's Unique Perspective: It's About the People... Not Just The Sales Price
We know your people grow your business value and assure successful transitions for business owners. Our proprietary Transition Planning Roadmap is people-focused, not spreadsheet obsessed. We combine formal business succession planning, practical business advising, and customized financial strategies so you and your family can live a meaningful life as you define it.
Our focus is on the most important asset in your company -- the people. We prioritize with you to focus on the 3 groups of people within your company (Ownership, Key Employees, Rank and File Staff). Each group has its own specific needs, interests, and aspirations. Once we finish working with you, everyone is oriented and motivated to achieve your ownership objectives because:
1. A long-term vision and strategy is in place to lead everyone forward and achieve your aspirations as the business owner.
2. Everyone is properly aligned through compensation plans to achieve your, now clarified, ownership objectives for the business -- for today and tomorrow.
3. Everyone involved in your business now feels empowered to achieve their financial aspirations for themselves and for their families.
This people-focused approach will truly and practically maximize the value of your business and protect it from disruption.
A Successful "Exit" Defined: Stay in control and get the highest net cash buyout possible on your terms
There are more options in "Exit Planning" than to sell or leave the business. Transition Planning is based on axioms, principles, and rules that guide us as we work together. We are only limited by our creativity and good judgment to develop the "exit" scenarios that you want, and that keep you in control.
1. Maximize the highest, net, cash amount after tax– don’t just sell for the biggest 'sticker price'.
2. "Exiting" is not black and white: Stay involved in the business and have a liquidity event to develop the cash you need.
3. Maintain control until you get all funds and conditions you sought in the transaction.
Quotes That Count
“Show people where we are going
Show them how we will get there
Show them what is in it for them when they get there.”
Our Expert’s Blog
Transition Planning: Exit Your Business… But Don’t Leave it!
“Exiting” is not black and white: Stay involved in the business and have a liquidity event to develop the cash you need.
Transition Planning guides you to orchestrate a successful, permanent exit or to forge a path toward an exit without giving up ownership. Or both.